Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yet another happy customer. :)



I'm always so pleased when customers take the time to write to me to let me know what they think of my jewelry. Over the months, quite a bond was forged between me and Mary Hutchinson. Mary had contacted me for a custom order that she wanted designed from her beloved Aunt Nellie's Blue Willow china. When Aunt Nellie passed away, she left Mary a lovely Blue Willow platter which unfortunately fell and broke into many pieces. Mary tried to glue the platter back together but it was broken too badly. So she sent the pieces to me. Originally she had intended for the jewelry to be given to her relatives this Christmas. But she sent the china to me well ahead so I'd have plenty of time to work on it. I designed 12 pieces of jewelry for Mary, including pendants, earrings and men's tie tacks. And once it was completed, she didn't want to wait for Christmas for her surprise and decided to give the jewelry to her family when she saw them on the Fourth of July.



It was all quite a success and Mary said she'd be proud to let me share her story with you. I have posted about this china before but I would like to let you know how it all turned out. Here's one of the emails I received when Mary first received the china jewelry. Although she had seen photos that I sent her through email, this was the first time she actually saw the jewelry.

"Hello Marjorie! I am very happy to report that the jewelry has arrived! They are ALL BEAUTIFUL!! And I do like the way you have them in the little bags. Glad your business card is attached, too. Every piece is just perfect and I do so appreciate the obvious care that was put into each one. I feel a special bond and wish you much success as you continue in your creative endeavors. I will be sure to let you know how it goes when I present the gifts. Again, thank you, thank you."



And then I was very pleased to receive this email from Mary shortly after she met with her family on the fourth of July:

"Hello, Marjorie. Well, it was a huge success!! I presented everyone with their special piece of jewelry and there were many emotional tears and sounds of delight and excitement! They could not get over it!! And your workmanship was so appreciated by each person, especially with how individual all the pieces were. It could not have gone better. I felt so good and am so pleased --- again, thank you, thank you, thank you....Your ears must have been ringing - a good sound - for how happy you made everyone over the weekend!!"



Now Mary has ordered another pendant and a bracelet to be made from Aunt Nellie's china. I'd post photos of those, too, but I'm not sure if I'd be spoiling a surprise for another of Mary's friends or family member and I wouldn't want to do that!

All in all, it was a complete and total pleasure to be able to bring life back to Aunt Nellie's beautiful Blue Willow china. I'm going to be holding onto the rest of Aunt Nellie's china in case Mary or any other members of her family would like more jewelery designed from it.

P.S. Mary tells me that the bracelet I just made is a present for her so I can post a photo of it. Here it is:



7 comments:

Lou's addictions said...

No wonder Marys family are delighted with their gifts, you did a wonderful job on them all.

ChezChani said...

Mary was lucky to find you. Everything came out wonderfully!

Catwalk Creative Vintage said...

Oh that certainly brought a tear to my eye. These are exquisite pieces Marjorie. The thought of poor Mary trying to glue that plate back together again is really sad. I'm so pleased you were able to put the broken China to good use. You're a marvel!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Your wire work is so pretty! The pieces came out beautifully!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the very kind comments. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a very lucky person in that I love what I spend my days doing!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What a fabulous idea to incorporate heritage and memories into a piece of jewelry. I used to use broken china for mosaics but wearable pieces are so much more practical. Very clever!

Giovanna said...

You're a true artist and true artists make people happy with their work :) I really love what you do! Congrats!!
xxx
Giovanna
Boho Market