Sunday, July 26, 2009

Loran Scruggs - Recycled Art Toys and Whistles



Meet Loran Scruggs who designs marvelous fun art toys and whistles from tin cans, bottle caps and found objects! Loran is one of the newest merchants in the Reclaimed to Fame Market. Her shop can be found at http://www.1000markets.com/users/loranscruggs.






Loran has been making things since her earliest memory of making a dragonfly out of smartie (candy) wrappers. And to this day she is still using food packaging in her art. She makes whimsical toys, art and whistles from colorful tin cans, bottle caps and found objects. She enjoys how time stops when she is in the ‘flow’ of creation. She says “I’m interested in joy. Color is joyous for me so I use painted tin cans for their color and glint. A lot of my work reference childhood and play, for myself play is a time of being in the moment, no past or future worries, a time of joy. I hope that my work puts an amused smile on peoples faces, for when we smile we are in the moment, engaged, attentive and happy.”

1 comment:

ChezChani said...

Ohhhh too cute and environmentally wonderful!