Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bags Plus More - Made With Simplicity



And here's Catherine Kaczanowski's bio! She's the owner of Bags Plus More and is a member of the Reclaimed to Fame Market. Thank you, Catherine, for sharing your story with us.



"My sewing bags, etc. all started a few years ago when my nephew's school was having a fund raising bazaar. My sister-in-law (nephew's mother) is an interior decorator and asked if I could sew up some items to sell. Well, the totes, etc. began! The bazaar was a success! This was two years ago. The school no longer has the bazaar, but I have continued sewing and selling at craft shows when I can and online. I also make donations to our local Physically Challenged Developmental Site, Cancer Centers and Nursing Homes.




"I use upcycled interior decorating fabric samples from my sister-in-law's business. Instead of throwing these items to landfills, I reuse them to make useful handmade items. All items are double stitched with a zigzag finish. I keep it simple, durable, washable, and useful!"

1 comment:

Catwalk Creative Vintage said...

Wow! Catherine is a talented lady. I love her use of recycled fabrics to make these lovely tote bags. The 'roses' fabrics in particular, are just gorgeous. They have a real English country cottage feel which I love! The prices are very reasonable too and they would make lovely, unique little gifts. Great post!