Tuesday, November 11, 2008

An Etsy success story!

I recently met Celeste of Crickets Creations at the EtsyVeg team. She sells lovely hand knit scarves on Etsy. I was very interested to read on her blog that Better Homes & Gardens had bought one of her hand knit scarves for a photo shoot to be shown in their magazine. I thought it was such an encouraging story for other sellers. Hang in there - you never know who will find your product on the web and fall in love with it!

Here's a photo of the beautiful scarf that Better Homes & Gardens snatched up for their photo shoot. You can see why they loved it!




I've included a link to a posting by Celeste on an Etsy forum where she gives her tips on how to be a steady seller on Etsy. These tips are valuable to any seller on the internet.

Steady Sellers: How Do You Do It?


3 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

what a gorgeous scarf! I want to wear scarves..'sniff sniff'...too hot here. Sometimes I can get away w/ wearing the one my friend Tina made me...but just around the house when it's an especially cold day in upcountry Maui. But go downtown to do errands..and bleh..it's too hot!

Thanks for telling about about her..it is very encouraging..I'm going to go check her blog!

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

Thanks so much, Marjorie! I hope my tips help others, as well! :)
Celeste (Crickets)

ChezChani said...

Love that scarf! I will check her blog out now, thanks.